Monday, July 13, 2009

What I am reading

If you know me you know that I read a great deal. If you come over to the house it is not strange to find an open book in the living room, an open book in the kitchen, an open book in the bedroom and I will tell you that I am reading all three of them when you ask which one I am reading. I love to read so much that I often find myself reading the same books over and over again if I haven't gotten anything new.





I even read as a child - my sister was often sent inside to get me to come outside and stop reading for the afternoon. I would often get in to trouble at school for reading my books in class. I still remember my Science teacher who took away one of my books!!! I was so upset that she would take my book, I mean really you would think that a teacher would be thrilled to find a student reading a book. Okay, so it wasn't a Science book or even the textbook - but she didn't have to take it away.





I just started reading this book after seeing it on several lists. I have never come across it before



It is a fantasy novel and won the World Fantasy Award in 1982. So far it is good - but I have found that I have to give it my whole attention or I lose my place. The language it beautiful and wonderfully written. I find myself turning over phrases in my mind after I have stopped reading.

I hope it turns out to be a wonderful book

No comments:

Post a Comment